Dark chocolate is good for your heart. A small bar of it everyday can help keep your heart and cardiovascular system running well. Two heart health benefits of dark chocolate are:
- Lower Blood Pressure: Studies have shown that consuming a small bar of dark chocolate everyday can reduce blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure.
- Lower Cholesterol: Dark chocolate has also been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) by up to 10 percent.
It’s more than wishful thinking — chocolate can be good for you. Studies show that eating chocolate, primarily dark chocolate, may contribute to improved cardiovascular health. Packed with natural antioxidants, dark chocolate and cocoa sit in the same good-for-you category as green tea and blueberries. That’s because chocolate comes from cacao beans (or cocoa beans), which grow on the cacao tree and are full of natural plant nutrients.
Chocolate also holds benefits apart from protecting your heart:
- It tastes good
- It stimulates endorphin production, which gives a feeling of pleasure
- It contains serotonin, which acts as an anti-depressant
- It contains theobromine, caffeine and other substances which are stimulants
Try organic raw chocolate bars from Earthsource Organics, they taste great and are healthy! www.earthsourceorganics.com